Are not just words!
Innovative leaders in the sale, service and installation of quality fire protection products.
Restaurant Fire Suppression Systems
Vehicle Fire Suppression Systems
Industrial Fire Suppression Systems
Clean Agent Fire Systems
Portable fire extinguishers are designed for suppressing and putting out small fires. They are only one element of fire safety and should be used with caution, by people who understand the extinguisher’s limitations. Fires can grow and spread so rapidly that getting to safety should be top priority. The following are Do’s and Don’ts of using your fire extinguisher:
· Only use a fire extinguisher if the fire is small and is contained in a small location. (i.e.: waste basket)
· Only use a fire extinguisher AFTER everyone is safely out of the building.
· Only use a fire extinguisher AFTER the fire department has been called.
· Do NOT use a fire extinguisher if the room is filled with smoke. GET OUTSIDE!
· Know how to use PASS to operate a fire extinguisher appropriately:
P ull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you, and
release the locking mechanism.
A im low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
S queeze the lever slowly and evenly.
S weep the nozzle from side to side.
· Always read ALL the instructions on your extinguisher before there is a need to use it.
· Always make sure that your extinguisher is in proper working order, by calling Holt Fire & Safety to maintain it annually.
· Check out www.fireextinguisher.com or call Holt Fire & Safety for further fire extinguisher training.
Our service technicians are all trained to sell and service fire extinguishers, by the manufacturers. At Holt Fire & Safety, we sell top quality products from: